11.16.2008

Cracking Copyright

I was going through some old files on my computer and unearthed a pdf of "The Weasel, Twelve Monkeys and the Shrub" by David Foster Wallace. I had nabbed it off the Rolling Stone website and it's still there. What this originally titled article is, is the original David Foster Wallace article that became McCain's Promise: Aboard the Straight Talk Express with John McCain and a Whole Bunch of Actual Reporters, Thinking About Hope, which I went on and on about a couple of weeks ago.

I imagine that the publishers (Back Bay Books) own exclusive rights to the essay now but that's the wonderful/scary thing about the digital age - who knows who owns what anymore. So if you are still interested in reading it (but not interested in walking to a library or bookstore), have a look here.

No comments: