12.09.2008

Big Author of 2008: Junot Diaz

It's Diaz's year--in Canada at least. The straight-talking, Dominican-American author won this year's Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. He made at least a few rounds through our country promoting The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and the CBC gobbled it up. There's a tube from CBC HQ into my brain. It's a bit deficient so a lot of things don't make it there but it also manages to block out the flow of other information. I should expand my horizons. But I digress. This interview with Diaz, following his appearance at the International Festival of Authors last month, is right up my alley and if you care for conversation about comic books and "literature", documenting trauma in fiction, and what it's like for authors to have their books into movies, read on.

No comments: