12.04.2008

Dance Your PhD

Clearly I'm not busy enough because I was able to find Ph.D students do interpretive dance with their supervisor. I don't know what you did at your school but I remember there were a lot of jokes about doing your projects as interpretive dance. I think someone may have got away with it once... at least, I wish they did.

The GonzoLabs/AAAS Science Dance Contest takes things to the next level. The contest was open to anyone who has (or is pursuing) a Ph.D. in any scientific field or in science-related fields such as mathematics, engineering, linguistics, bioethics, the history of science, etc.

The winner of the best professor dance is below--an intepretation of hemoglobin interaction. The weird bearded man in sprinkling "frost", like a scientist freezing the molecules before further inspection. The John Hopkins U prof's study was titled: "Resolving Pathways of Functional Coupling in Human Hemoglobin Using Quantitative Low Temperature Isoelectric Focusing of Asymmetric Mutant Hybrids"

1 comment:

Ish said...

Not at the PhD level but I feel like we bandied that one around often in high school.