12.11.2008

Three cheers

... for me! I've wrapped up the bulk of my last assignment and it will all be done on Sunday. I don't think I've yet realised that there will only be two weeks off before this starts all over again so I've set up an ambitious reading schedule for the holidays. There's a stack of books in my room that taunts me every day. Here's what's on deck for rest of 2008 (Gah, can 2009 really be less than 3 weeks away?)

* The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
(I got my hands on a hot little copy because no one at SFU reads, apparently.)
* Drown
(verdict so far: highly recommended)
* Selected Stories by Alice Munro
* The Uninvited Guest
* Best American Nonrequired Reading 2003
* Cold Spring Harbour
* Amsterdam
* My Name is Red
* Winner of the National Book Award

(yes, that's the name of the book)

Please feel free to save me from my reading list.

No comments: